undefined

Signed Up for My Fourth Marathon

30 Apr

Well, I did it! I signed up for my fourth full marathon!

I had thought that I would want to conquer the Dopey Challenge (a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and full marathon in 4 consecutive days) in 2015, but there just wasn’t $600 in the budget. Nor did I want to wake up at 3am four days in a row. And let’s be honest, I haven’t shown a track record of training properly for these things.

So, I signed up for the Minnie 10K on April 16, the day Annual Passholders and DVC members could access registration early.

minnie 10k 2015

I signed up only for the 10K because I started to think that I wasn’t willing to put forth the effort to train for a full marathon again. But I thought about how much I want to lose this weight and train properly for the full, so I signed up for the marathon on registration day.

marathon weekend 2015

I really want to do this right and do my very best. I really, really want to run a sub-6 hour marathon. My best time was 6:53, and I know I can do better than that.

Stay tuned in the coming months for my training plan!

Are you signed up for any races during the WDW Marathon Weekend?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sharing is caring, my friends.
Facebook Twitter Email Stumbleupon Pinterest

8 Responses to “Signed Up for My Fourth Marathon”

1. Alma @ Can I Borrow That? April 30, 2014 at 10:07 am #

Wow great job I will be doing my 3rd half this Sunday. I am still to nervous to commit to a full yet total props girl!
    Alma @ Can I Borrow That? recently posted…Weigh In Wednesday…Shove This Up My What…My Profile

• Andrea April 30, 2014 at 12:23 pm #

Thank you! Which half are you doing?

2. Kelly April 30, 2014 at 11:51 am #

If you don’t get to me by 6 hours, I’m drinking the beer and eating the pretzel.
    Kelly recently posted…Short Term PlanMy Profile

• Andrea April 30, 2014 at 12:24 pm #

Haha! That’s good motivation for me to keep on truckin’!

3. Destiny May 1, 2014 at 9:22 pm #

I signed up for the marathon! I’m trying to come in at 5:59:59 which is a 13:43 pace – maybe we can encourage each other! It’s also my birthday! I would love to meet up! I’m des703 on Instagram :)

• Andrea May 22, 2014 at 5:42 pm #

Hey girl! Let’s definitely meet up! My goal, too, is under 6 hours.. even if it’s by a second.

4. Gail May 21, 2014 at 11:11 am #

I am signed up for the WDW marathon as well and it’s my first. I am just hoping to finish. I look forward to following you thru training and am hoping for lots of tips for the first timer.

• Andrea May 22, 2014 at 5:43 pm #

You’ll have such a great time! I’ll try my best to post some tips for new marathoners :)