Have you ever competed in an obstacle course race? I haven’t, but I’ve been eyeing up the Reebok Spartan Race for quite some time. It looks tough but so exhilarating!
If you’re looking to dive into a Spartan Super Race, there’s one coming up in Miami at Oleta River State Park on April 12th and 13th. Here’s a breakdown of what you need to know about the race:
- Distance: Approximately 8 miles
- Starts at 8am with waves of 200 athletes being released every 15 minutes.
- There will be 3 aid stations on the course with water and some other goodies to keep you hydrated and fueled up. Carry extra water if you need it.
- All participants receive: – Finishers Medal
- Free Beer ticket for anyone 21 and over
- A chance to play on some really unique terrain
- Bragging Rights
- Free Mud
- A scrape (or two)
- More stories to tell
Want to win a free entry to a Spartan Race? One lucky winner will receive a code which will work one time for any open heat in any 2014 Spartan Race in the continental US. The giveaway will end on February 27th, and I will post the winner on the blog. The winner will have 48 hours to respond.